There have been long sermons on how to make an event an absolute success. Forget the lectures and the dissertations, here’s your short and simple guide to a successful event!!
- Understand your objectives and set clear, well defined goals for the event.
- Choose the right set of people you’ll work with on the event.
- Prepare a checklist for everything that you are going to need.
- Prepare your budget according to the checklist.
- Plan everything in advance. Remain a step ahead of the preparation schedule.
- Choose a venue that suits your event.
- Make sure you know your target audience inside out.
- Make an initial list of invitees from past contacts and events.
- Finalize the list to include only those who will benefit from the event.
- Setup online event registration forms and send personal invitations to the invitees.
- Market your event in the right directions and amongst the right people.
- Create a social media strategy for your event on Twitter and Facebook.
- Run a quick survey to know more about your audience.
- Get hosts for the event and name tags for the attendees.
- Keep in touch with the venue coordinators constantly.
- Make sure the audio video arrangements are in proper order.
- Keep tabs on the quality of food that will be served.
- Space out the different sections of the event and give time for breaks.
- Make sure the event theme gets proper attention in the decorations.
- Work on a feedback form that helps you understand your audience better.
- Check final arrangements on the last day.
- Make sure there are no last minute hiccups.
- Present highlights of your next event at the end.
- Give the audience something to remember you, when they leave.
- Celebrate the event with your team. They deserve it!
Online Event Registration and Ticket Solution : Eventzilla