Thinking about kick starting your career as an Event planner?
Here are some key skills required to become an event planner.
– Possess high energy and stamina
– Efficient and well-organized
– Creative and imaginative
– Self-motivated and driven
– Excellent people skills
– Manage and plan budgets
– Knows how to motivate people
– Ability to multi-task at once, and work to tight schedules
The demand for event and meeting planner has grown significiantly over the years.
According to a landmark study released this year, conducted by PwC US and spearheaded by an alliance of 14 meetings industry associations meetings and conventions meetings are a 263 billion industry and directly supports 1.7 million jobs.
If you are thinking of a career in meeting and event planning, there is a lucrative market awaiting you on many fronts
– Determine client’s needs and expectations
– Plan and create the overall design of the event
– Develop timelines and production schedules
– Setup event website and sell tickets online
– Manage the operations team or support staff
– Coordinate and provide service to the clients and vendors as needed
– Oversee all aspects of the event execution
– Select and secure appropriate vendors to supply all components of the event
– Monitor and evaluate the event
Books to read:
1. The Ultimate Guide To Successful Meetings, Corporate Events, Fundraising Galas, Conferences, Conventions, Incentives and Other Special Events
2. Confessions of an Event Planner: Case Studies from the Real World of Events–How to Handle the Unexpected and How to Be a Master of Discretion
3. The Business of Event Planning: Behind-the-Scenes Secrets of Successful Special Events
Organizing an event?
Sell tickets online in minutes – using Eventzilla. No downloads, setup fees and free to list your event.