Submission deadline: November, 15th 2019
GUIDELINES FOR THE ABSTRACT FOR A POSTER PRESENTATION
Font: Times New Roman, 12 Point
Title: Should be brief and concise (limited to 15 words)
Keywords or phrases: Three words that relate to the topic, practice setting, and/or target audience should be written under title
Abstract: a maximum of 200 words.
Attachments to the Abstract:
1- A cover sheet with the title of the poster, author(s) name (s), email address, and credentials; chapter, and region; (Do not put on the abstract).
2- For continuing education purposes, please complete the Education Planning Table, the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form, and Commercial Support Statement. (Obtained from the Education Committee Chair, Soror Samantha Agee via email@example.com).
3- Abstract Summary should provide a brief description of the educational activity. This should be a short (max. of 50 words) compelling description of the abstract that describes what participants should expect by viewing the poster. This abstract summary will be used in written publications to attract conference attendees.
4- References: At least 3 current references should be listed in APA format. These references may be listed on the poster or on a handout related to poster.
The Education Committee will review all submissions and notify selected poster presenters no later than December 15, 2019. Upon notification of acceptance of the abstract for Poster Presentation, the author must submit an “intent to present” notice no later than December 31, 2019 and register for the conference. Final abstract acceptance will be conditional upon conference registration. To present, you must be a registered conference attendee.
Abstracts will be evaluated based on:
* Presentation: grammar, spelling, punctuation, and clarity.
* Content: substantive, current, of interest to potential attendees; provides a logical discussion, with substantial details, supporting the overall topic.
* Relevance: relevant to the nursing profession according to the category selected and consistent with the conference theme and objectives.
* Outcomes: demonstrates actual outcomes or a plan for evaluating potential outcomes.
Poster Presenter Requirements:
- Posters are limited to a maximum size of 3 feet tall by 4 feet wide (36”X48”).
- Presenters will be required to submit all necessary forms by the deadlines provided in the acceptance letter.
- Presenters will be responsible for setup and breakdown of their poster at the identified times and being present with their poster during identified “poster viewing periods”.
- Presenters are responsible for all costs associated with preparing poster presentation, registering for Regional Conference and all associated travel and accommodations.
- The standard format for the poster will be sent to presenting author(s) upon acceptance of poster for presentation. All poster presenters are expected to comply with the standard format.
- If more than one author is presenting the poster, the first listed author is considered the primary author and will receive all correspondence. It is primary author’s responsibility to communicate with the other author(s).