NOTICE OF RACE
Third Annual Roger Punzi Memorial Regatta
Candlewood Yacht Club
October 4, 2014
Wind Date: October 5, 2014
Candlewood Yacht Club/Flying Scot Fleet 24
7 Shore Drive, New Fairfield, CT
1. Rules: This regatta will be governed by the rules as defined by the current edition of the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS).
2. Eligibility: Any Flying Scot conforming to the FSSA specifications.
3. Registration may be by mail using the attached form. Registration can also be done on the CYC Website www.CYCSAIL.ORG or may be completed at the regatta site beginning 10/4/14 at 8:30 and ending at 10AM. Sailing Instructions and Notice of Race will be available to registrants at the completion of registration. Early registration forms are to be submitted by September 26 emailed to email@example.com or postmarked by September 26, 2014 and mailed to:
Flying Scot Fleet 24
c/o Mark Riefenhauser
72 Kettletown Woods Road
Southbury, CT 06488
4. Fees: Please note that this an open regatta, but for planning purposes we request those who plan to attend Pre-register either by mail or on the CYC Web Site. Preregistration fee will be $30. Registrations postmarked September 27 or later and those who register on October 4, fees will be $35. (Fee covers the skipper and one crew member) Additional crew and guests fee is $15 per person.
|Friday, Oct. 3
||6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
||Boat drop off setup
|Saturday, Oct.4 (5)
|8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
|8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
||Boat setup and launch
|11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
||Racing (weather permitting)
5. Notes to visiting skippers: Candlewood Yacht Club is located in a private community. Please be considerate of our neighbors by following the speed limits. There are speed bumps on the private roads, so go slowly over them! At the club, we have a single boat ramp for launching and a fixed yard arm with chain hoist for those needing to remove bottom covers. We have set hours on Friday evening and Saturday morning for boat preparation and will have CYC members available to help as needed. Please contact us with any additional questions.
6. Measurement: Boats and sails must conform to the Official Plan. Each boat must carry equipment required by FSSA Specification Article S-V.2 (Racing Restrictions), and US Coast Guard requirements.
7. Courses to be Sailed: The courses to be sailed will be described in the Sailing Instructions.
8. Berthing: Both Dock Slips and Dry Sail berths are available for guest boats.
9. Scoring: The low-point scoring system of RRS Appendix A2 will be used, except that there will be no throw-outs. This is a one day event where we will attempt to get 3 races in dependent upon Weather. Note there is a wind date set for October 5, 2014.
10. Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 boats in the Regatta.
11. Contact information: Fleet Captain Mark Riefenhauser, firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Additional information: We will attempt to pair anyone needing overnight lodging as guests with CYC members – please give us advance notice, with your needs. No camping on CYC grounds is permitted. For lodging request, contact Bob McCorkle, email@example.com.
13. Home Brew Contest: We will be having a home brew tasting/contest this year! For all home brewers here your chance not only to race, but a chance to show off your home brews! Home brewers/tasters must be at least at 21 years of age.