Event SOLD OUT - Thank You For Your Support
Journey back with us to the year 1901. William McKinley was President of the United states, Major League Baseball had just been formed, and a man by the name of Walt Disney was born in a small house in Chicago Illinois.
The modest family home on the corner of Tripp Avenue and Palmer Street was designed and built by Flora and Elias Disney, Walt and Roy Disney’s mother and father. Both Walt and Roy were born in this home and lived there until Walt was four and Roy was twelve years old.
Over the last century, the home has changed hands several times and has been added to and altered significantly. These “renovations” have almost completely covered up the authentic details of the house.
We have already lost too many buildings that were an incredibly important part of Disney history.
Join the folks at the Save Walt Disney's Birthplace project as we explore Walt's early history and discover how we can preserve the home where he was born! We guarantee you'll be wowed and entertained and leave satisfied that you are doing something very important.
This very special event will include
- Dinner buffet at the Anabella Hotel's award winning Tangerine restaurant
- An audio/visual presentation on Walt Disney and his boyhood home by theme park design company, Super 78.
- A chance to rub elbows with the creative minds behind the Save Walt Disney's Birthplace Project, Dina Benadon and Brent Young!
- An opportunity to bid on some unique items with all proceeds going to support the wonderful project to save the home Walt Disney was born in.
- Special guests: Bob Gurr (Disney Legend and original Imagineer) & David Price (Son of Disney Legend Buzz Price)
- ALL Proceeds from your ticket will go toward saving the home Walt Disney was born in!
Super 78 has created digital media and animated content for the movie and broadcast industry, and for celebrated guest experiences like Dora and Diego 4D: Catch That Robot Butterfly (worldwide), Madagascar:A Crate Adventure and Donkey Live (Universal Studios Singapore), Flight of the Dragon (OCT: Happy Valley Park/Shanghai), Shamu’s Believe (Sea World), Curse of Darkastle (Busch Gardens), and Awards Night (Audubon Insectarium), among others. They are a fun and dynamic team of theme park insiders and we know you'll love meeting them. These wonderful folks love Disney as much as you do and wanted to do something special for the community and for Walt Disney. So, they bought his home so it could be preserved for the ages and declared a historic landmark.
This will be a very special, unique opportunity to become involved with the preservation of an important piece of Disney History. Please help us get the word out about this event and let's all do what we can to save Walt's house!
Space is limited to 70 guests. Secure your spot now!