Please enter below, the secure invite code provided to you by the event organiser in order to proceed...
Ticket / Registration information for:
29 June 2012 9:00 AM
Please select ticket / registration type to proceed...
|Ticket Type||Sale Ends||Price||Fee||Quantity
· In answer to the call of Francis Cardinal George and the USCCB to provide catechesis on the subject of Relgious Liberty and to observe a "Fortnight for Freedom" from June 21, 2012 until July 4, 2012 this conference is intended:
- To prepare deacons and priests to preach during the Fortnight of Freedom
- To provide clergy and church ministers with a venue for their own formation and engagement of the religious liberty question
- To suggest strategies on how to engage different audiences in the parish in preaching and in ministry
- To survey the principles of Catholic thought and to study the document “Our First, Most Cherished Liberty,” issued by the USCCB’s Ad Hoc Committee for Religious Liberty
- To provide a venue for integration and processing of the issues
- To provide formation/resources that tie into the USCCB’s call for a Fortnight for Freedom, 21 June-4 July.
Toward those ends, a daylong workshop will be held on June 16, 2012 from 9 am until 3 pm at St. Lambert Parish, 8148 N Karlov, Skokie, IL 60076.
- Francis Cardinal George, OMI, Archbishop of Chicago
- Professor Teresa Stanton Collett, University of St. Thomas School of Law
- Professor John M. Breen, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Rev. Thomas Baima, STD, Vice Rector University of Saint Mary of the Lake/Mundelein Seminary