If you are looking to improve your performance, reduce injuries or just move better through everyday life, the Strength For Endurance Clinic is for you.
Most people involved in triathlon, running, cycling or similar know they need to be doing strength training to support their big mileage and prevent injuries. However finding the time is hard and not always convenient. This clinic will give you the practical and theoretical tools to start strength training with confidence and convenience.
Who can attend?
- Triathletes, runners, cyclists....all endurance athletes
- Junior athletes, casual weekend runners or aspiring professionals
- Even if you're not an athlete, learning the essential foundations of strength will improve your health and everyday life
What to expect
- How basic strength training can benefit health and performance
- Learn key Mobility, Activation and Strength exercises
- Scheduling strength sessions into your weekly training plan
- How a 'StrengthForEnduranceKIT' can help you
This course will be delivered by Kriss Hendy - Strength Coach & Co-founder of The Strength For Endurance Network. Kriss works with both amateur and professional athletes. Representing the network, he aims to provide you with the tools and knowledge to take away, so that you can become stronger, more resilient and achieve your potential.
Kriss will be supervised by Melbourne based Strength Coach and venue owner Amber Johnson of First Wave Fitness. Amber is a very successful strength coach and works with a large number of Melbourne athletes. Amber is just one of a host of trusted trainers representing The Strength For Endurance Network.
There will be a strong practical element for attendees (although not compulsory), please come dressed in training kit.
Estimated duration 90 minutes
$10 Clinic Fee (cash on the day)