Have you ever left a board discussion or meeting and wondered what – if anything – had been decided?
Do you have some board members who tend to dominate discussions and others who rarely speak up?
Are your committees effective in promoting the work of the Association?
Learn what it takes to run an effective meeting, regardless of the size of the meeting or culture of the organization.
PRESIDERS will learn how to…
· Maintain orderwhen presiding
· Ensure everyone has an equal voice
· Ensure all members know what is being discussed and voted on
· Know what to say, and when to say it
· Decide if you should engage a professionalparliamentarian
MEMBERS will know and understand how to…
· Understand the basic types of rules and their ranking order
· Use motions and learn which ones you’ll use
· Record minutes and know what they should contain
Registration includes a complimentary copy of Robert's Rules of Order in Brief and lunch.